Here are some resources to help you get started on your Genealogical quest.
- Cyndi’s List Links for Beginners
- Downloadable Charts from PBSA standard pedigree chart is a good way to begin recording what you know and seeing at-a-glance what you have yet to find out about your family history. Seeing what you know and don’t know helps direct your search effectively.
Note: Numerous charts are also available through the Library’s subscription to Ancestry.com, which must be accessed in the Library.
- Downloadable Charts from the National Archives
- Getting Started Some thoughts from the Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center, one of the largest genealogy libraries in the country, second only to the Family History Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Golden Rules of Genealogical Research